New and powerful methods of synthetic biology for strain improvement
- CRISPR–Cas system for yeast genome editing and uracil excision reaction-based (USER) cloning
- In vivo assembly or CasEMBLR method
- Knock-out and knock-in of genes by CRISPR–Cas system
Molecular biology and genetic engineering methods
- PCR methods (PCR, Nested-PCR, PCR-RFLP, RT- PCR, Real-time PCR)
- PCR primer design (using OLIGO and other software)
- Bioinformatics (using NCBI, SGD and other databases)
- Gene cloning methods (Genomic DNA and Plasmid extraction, Transformation, PCR products and Plasmid digestion, Ligation,...)
- ELISA, Western Blot, Flow cytometry, Cell Culture, HPLC, GC.
- Upstream processing (microbial strain isolation and improvement, media development and optimization by design of experiments)
- Fermentation processing (in small, pilot and industrial scale bioreactors)
- Downstream processing (bioseparation, product recovery and purification, spray drying and freeze drying,…)
- Editorial Board Member of Iranian Journal of Biology
- Editorial Board Member of Applied Biology
- Associate Editor of Journal of Molecular and Cellular Research
- Associate Editor of Biological Journal of Microorganism
- Invited Guest Editor for a Special Issue by Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology
Professional Society Membership
- Society for Applied Microbiology (SfAM). 2014-continued.
- European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB). 2010-continued.
- Iranian society of Microbiology (ISM). 2003-continued.
- Iranian society of Biology (ISB). 2000-continued.