Printed papers in International Journals
1. Safaeipour H, Fazel Zarandi MH, Bastani S: Mapping Crisp Structural Semantic Similarity Measures to Fuzzy Context: A Generic Approach. Int J Fuzzy Syst 2020, 22(4):1224-1242. (Link)
2. Naderipour M, Fazel Zarandi MH, Bastani S: A type-2 fuzzy community detection model in large-scale social networks considering two-layer graphs. Eng Appl Artif Intell 2020, 90(4). (Link)
3. Safaeipour H, Zarandi MHF, Bastani S: Using Fuzzy Ontology to Improve Similarity Assessment: Method and Evaluation. Int J Intell Syst 2017, 32(11):1167-1186. (Link)
4. Naderipour M, Bastani S, Zarandi MF, Turksen B: A fuzzy classification using a Type-2 fuzzy model in social networks. In: 2016 Annual Meeting of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, NAFIPS 2016 31 Oct-4 Nov 2016: 13 February 2017 2017; El Paso, TX, USA Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc. (Link)
5. Safaeipour H, Zarandi MHF, Bastani S: Crisp to fuzzy ontology conversion in the context of social networks: A new approach. In: 2016 Annual Meeting of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, NAFIPS 2016 31 Oct-4 Nov 2016 13 February 2017 2016; El Paso, TX, USA Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc. (Link)
6. Es-Haghi M, Bastani S: Evaluating coordination in emergency response team by using fuzzy logic through social network analysis. In: 2016 Annual Meeting of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, NAFIPS 2016 31 Oct-4 Nov 2016 13 February 2017 2016; El Paso, TX, USA Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc. (Link)
7. Mohammadfam I, Bastani S, Golmohamadi R, Saei A, Es-Haghi M: Applying social network analysis to evaluate preparedness through coordination and trust in emergency management. Environ Hazards 2015, 14(4):329-340. (Link)
8. Mohammadfam I, Bastani S, Esaghi M, Golmohamadi R, Saee A: Evaluation of coordination of emergency response team through the social network analysis. Case study: Oil and gas refinery. Saf Health Work 2015, 6(1):30-34. (Link)
9. Golsefid SMM, Zarandi MHF, Bastani S: General type-2 fuzzy degree of nodes in multi-central social networks set NAFIPS co-authorship network. In: Annual Meeting of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, NAFIPS 2015 17-19 Aug 2015 01 October 2015 2015; Redmond, WA, USA Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc. (Link)
10. Golsefid SMM, Zarandi MHF, Bastani S: Fuzzy community detection model in social networks. Int J Intell Syst 2015, 30(12):1227-1244. (Link)
11. Golsefid SMM, Fazel Zarandi MH, Bastani S: Fuzzy duocentric community detection model in social networks. Soc Netw 2015, 43:177-189. (Link)
12. Ghorbani M, Mehrabi AA, Azarnivand H, Bastani S, Jafari M, Seeland K: Communal institutions for the management of rangeland resources and dairy production in Taleghan Valley, Northern Iran. Rangeland J 2015, 37(2):169-179. (Link)
13. Golsefid SMM, Zarandi MF, Bastani S: Overlapping community detection model in collaborative networks. In: 2014 IEEE Conference on Norbert Wiener in the 21st Century, 21CW 2014: 2014. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
14. Zarandi MHF, Golsefid SM, Bastani S: Dual centers fuzzy type-2 clustering. In: 9th Joint World Congress on Fuzzy Systems and NAFIPS Annual Meeting, IFSA/NAFIPS 2013: 2013; Edmonton, AB. 1215-1220.
15. Golsefid SM, Zarandi MHF, Bastani S: Fuzzy type-2 c-ellipses clustering. In: 9th Joint World Congress on Fuzzy Systems and NAFIPS Annual Meeting, IFSA/NAFIPS 2013: 2013; Edmonton, AB. 1221-1226.
16. Bastani S, Jafarabad AK, Zarandi MHF: Fuzzy models for link prediction in social networks. Int J Intell Syst 2013, 28(8):768-786.
17. Zarandi MHF, Mohammadhasan N, Bastani S: A fuzzy rule-based expert system for evaluating intellectual capital. Adv Fuzzy Syst 2012.
18. Zarandi MHF, Turksen IB, Hoseini SMM, Bastani S, Mohebi A: A fuzzy intelligent information agent architecture for supply chains. Sci Iran 2008, 15(5):623-636.
19. Bastani S, Fazel-Zarandi M: The effect of internet usage on interpersonal relationships: A case study. In: 41st Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 2008, HICSS: 2008; Big Island, HI.
20. Bastani S: Family comes first: Men's and women's personal networks in Tehran. Soc Netw 2007, 29(3):357-374.
21. Ghorbani, Mehdi, Ali Akbar Mehrabi, Hossein, Azarnivand, Susan Bastani, Mohammad Jafari, and Seeland, Klaus, 2014, “Local traditions of dairy production - an example of pastoralists’ management roles in Taleghan, Northern Iran,” The Rangeland Journal.
22. Mohammadfam, Iraj, Susan Bastani, Mahbobeh Esaghi, Rostam Golmohamadi, and Ali Saee, 2014, “Evaluation of Coordination of Emergency Response Team through the Social Network Analysis. Case Study: Oil and Gas Refinery,” Safety and Health at Work.
23. Fazel-Zarandi, Mohammad Hossein, Neda Mohammadhassan, and Susan Bastani, 2012, “A Fuzzy Rule-Based Expert System for Evaluating Intellectual Capital,” Advances in Fuzzy Systems, Volume 2012 (2012), http://www.hindawi.com/journals/afs/2012/823052/
24. Bastani, Susan, Ahmad Khalili Jafarabad, Mohammad Hossein Fazel-Zarandi, 2013, “Fuzzy Models for Link Prediction in Social Networks,” International Journal of Intelligent Systems, Vol. 28(8): 768-786.
25. Bastani, Susan, Zohreh, Omidipour, Ali Rajabloo, 2013 , “Analysis of Women’s Sub-discourses in Qajar era,” Biannual Journal of Historical Sociology, Vol. 5(1): 73-108.
26. Bastani, Susan, Fatemeh Zakariai Seraji, 2012 , “Gender Differences in Aging: Social Networks and Social Support,” Journal of Social Problems of Iran, Vol. 3(1): 32-57.
27. Bastani, Susan, and Mahin Raissi, 2011 , “Social Network Analysis as a Method: Using Whole Network Approach for Studying FOSS Communities,” Journal of Iranian Social Studies, Vol. 5 (2): 32-60.
28. Bastani, Susan, Mahmoud Golzari, Shohreh, Rowshani, 2011 , “Emotional Divorce and Strategies to Face it,” Journal of Family Research, Vol. 7(2): 241-257.
29. Bastani, Susan, Mahmoud Golzari, Shohreh, Rowshani, 2010 , “Emotional Divorce: Causes and Intervening Conditions,” Iranian Journal of Social Problems, Vol. 1(3): 1-20.
30. Maghazei, M.; A. M. Valavi; S. Aeinevand; S. Bastani, 2010 , “The Image of Woman in Creation Account of the Holy Scriptures: A Comparative Study between the Qur’an and the Bible,” Intl. J. Humanities of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Vol. 17(1): 67-81.
31. Bastani, Susan, Zohreh Akhondan, 2009 , “Internet Dating: Exploring Persian Websites and Weblogs,” Journal of Cultural Studies and Communication, Vol. 17: 29-53.
32. Bastani, Susan, 2008 , “Network Social Capital in 10 Neighborhoods in Tehran: Place of Local Ties in Social Networks,” Iranian Social Studies, 4 (2): 55-74.
33. Bastani, Susan and Maryam Farmahini, 2008 , “Analyzing Modes of Value Expression in Persian Weblogs,” Global Media Journal, 1 (6).
34. Bastani, Susan and Maryam Fazel-Zarandi, 2008 , “The Effect of Internet Usage on Interpersonal Relationships,” Observatorio (OBS*) Journal, 6, 293-306.
35. Bastani, Susan, 2007 , “Family Comes First: An Analysis of Tehrani Men and Women’s Social Networks,” Social Networks, 29: 357-374.
36. Bastani, Susan, 2000 , "Muslim Women On-Line," The Arab World Geographer, Vol. 3(1): 40-59.
- Bastani Susan, et al., (2015), Women and Social Capital, Tehran.
- Bastani, Susan, (2010), “Housework Division and Challenges Facing Women,” Pp. 77-97 in Cultural and Social Challenges of Women, K. Safiri (ed.), Tehran: Council of Cultural Revolution.
- Bastani Susan, (2008), Gender, Culture, Values and Attitudes, Tehran: The Institute of Culture, Art and Communications.
- Susan Bastani, 2013, “Ageing in Iran: State, Family and Social Support,” AASSREC
- Susan Bastani, Afsaneh Kamali, and Zeynab Hassanpour, 2012, "Iranian Youth and the Internet," WIP International Partners Annual Meeting, Sharja.
- Susan Bastani, & Mahin Raissi, 2010, “Exploring the structure of FOSS communities: Do local communities differ from global one?” Presented at the International Sunbelt Social Network Conference, Riva del Garda, Italy, June 29- July 4.
- Susan Bastani, Mahin Raissi & Mahmoud Sadeghi, 2010, “FOSS Communities as Socio-Technical Networks: A hybrid approach,” International Sunbelt Social Network Conference, Riva del Garda, Italy, June 29- July 4.
- Susan Bastani, Sara Shariati, & Behnaz Khosravi, 2010, "Religion and Distinction: Social Networks, Lifestyle and New Religious Behaviors in Iran,” Presented at the 2010 International Conference Changing Gods: Between Religion and Everyday Life, Torino, Italy, 9-11 September.
- Susan Bastani, 2008, “Iran and the Internet: Comparing Internet Uses and Users Over Two Years” WIP International Partners Annual Meeting, Hungary.
- Susan Bastani, 2006, “Iran and the Internet,” WIP International Partners Annual Meeting, Beijing.
- Susan Bastani, “Gender and the Division of Domestic Labour: Women as ‘Household Managers’” Presented at the Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association (CSAA), Annual Conference, Halifax, June, 2003.
- Susan Bastani, “Ties that Matter: Household Level Analysis of Tehran’s Middle Class Community,” Summer Academy at the Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin, Aug., 2002.
- Susan Bastani, "Getting Support On-line: A Study of Muslim Women's On-line Relations," Presented at the American Sociological Association (ASA) 95th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, Aug., 2000.
- Susan Bastani, "Community in Post Revolutionary Iran: Community Ties and Support Systems" Presented at the British Sociological Association (BSA) Annual Conference, Making Time/ Marking Time, University of York, York, April 2000.
- Susan Bastani, "Muslin Women On-line: The Interplay between On-Line and Off-line Communities," International Sunbelt Social Network Conference, Vancouver, April 2000.
- Susan Bastani, "Middle Class Community in Tehran," Presented at the American Sociological Association (ASA) 94th Annual Meeting, Chicago, Aug. 1999.